A cookie is a small text file, with a unique number assigned to it, that is placed on your computer when you visit websites to enable certain features such as basic website navigation, targeted advertising, etc. They usually do not collect personal data, i.e. information which can be directly related to you as an individual, but some cookies collect information which uniquely identifies your browser and internet device.
There are different types of cookies, including:
Session cookies: which are temporarily stored on your computer when you visit our websites. They are automatically removed as soon as you close your browser.
Permanent cookies: which are stored on your computer for a certain time until they are deleted by you or the server that sent them. These cookies are also known as ‘persistent cookies’.
First party cookies: which are placed on your computer by Lantmännen ek för and our Group companies (“Lantmännen” or “we”) when you visit our websites.
We use external platforms to communicate digitally, including for example Facebook, LinkedIn, Episerver, Doubleclick, Google and Vimeo. This means our websites include both first-party and third-party cookies, i.e. cookies placed there either by us or by external parties, to target content to you. We use the information in these cookies to:
- Provide you with content and ads that may interest you based on, for example, what parts of our websites you have visited, what you have clicked on, etc.
- Imbed content and sharing/like tools from social networks
Our websites may also include a Facebook pixel, i.e. a code imbedded on our sites, which works by placing and triggering targeting cookies, like those described above, to track you when you interact with our websites or our ads on Facebook (you may manage your consent to targeting cookies in our Cookie Settings, linked in the footer of this page). Information collected via these cookies is used by the Facebook pixel to analyze website movements and behavior across devices and browsing sessions, unlike stand-alone cookies, which are only able to collect information for a single device/browsing session at a time. This allows us to:
- See how you move between devices when accessing our websites and Facebook
- Ensure that our ads are shown to persons most likely to be interested in such ads, e.g. to persons who have already visited a certain web page or clicked in a certain place
- Measure the results of our adverts and better understand their effects
- Optimize and build aggregated audiences (through Facebook Custom Audiences) to which future ads may be targeted